Head on up to Mt Bachelor, Wednesday, December 19th and enjoy the Birthday Bash! The first 100 people in the Red Chairlift line receive a commemorative Yeti Mug, an awesome deal because the
A little history about our mountain
- Less than ten years after its first season, Mt. Bachelor had exploded in popularity.
- The first chairlift was built in 1962, “Chair #1” (Black Chair).
- In 1965, the famous Red Chair was added.
- Yellow Chair in 1966.
- 4 new lifts, between 1970 – 1976.
- 1983, the opening of the Summit chairlift. This added an additional 1,700 vertical feet and opened up the 9,000′ summit to skiing and riding from any direction.
- 2016, the Cloudchaser lift was added, which expanded the skiable terrain by 635 acres.
- You can ski all 360 degrees of Mt Bachelor’s slopes and enjoy over 3,300 feet of vertical.
- Mt. Bachelor is the 6th largest ski resort in the USA.
Bill Healy’s vision has remained steadfast: “Our guiding philosophy has not been to put as many skiers on the hill as possible, but rather to create a real quality ski experience for our customer.”
Celebrate 60 years of Mt Bachelor, and make more memories on the beloved mountain with 11 lifts to choose from and over 4,300 skiable acres on 360 degrees of terrain.