Fall Foliage … Central Oregon Style
The coolest interactive map tool is now available to help plan your visit, it’s the Fall Foliage Prediction Map! Just click on a date and the map will show you what stage Central Oregon will be in for Fall Foliage. Don’t miss a Peak Fall Foliage Getaway to Sunriver ever again with this handy-dandy tool.
Best of all it’s kid friendly too. Want to know why certain leaves turn Orange and others Yellow? Because of beta-carotene. It’s an outdoor science field trip built in for the kids!
Mid- to late-October tends to showcase the best fall foliage in Oregon. Here in Sunriver, you can enjoy the scenery in a variety of ways!
- Cascade Lakes Scenic Byway, red vine maple trees will dazzle you against the black lava rock.
Hike or Bike:
- In Bend off of the Deschutes River Trail, Fall Foliage Spots include:
- Pioneer Reach – This part of the trail goes through the downtown area and isn’t always right on the river. It passes through beautiful Drake Park on Mirror Pond and ends in McKay Park. There are several footbridges along the way offering opportunities to cross the river.
- Old Mill Reach – This reach is a mix of river parks, the shops at the Old Mill, and areas yet to be developed. Three footbridges connect trail legs on either side of the river, providing convenient walking loops. On the east side, the trails are hard surface from the Old Mill District to the Bill Healy Bridge. Farewell Bend Park provides two developed boat landings for paddlers using the Deschutes River Water Trail.
- Benham Falls and Dillon Falls